Sunday Morning Pancakes
Pancake Sunday has become a weekly tradition in our house! We use the same recipe every week because it's quick, easy, everything can be purchased package free at GLRC & the kids love them. Top with our dark robust local maple syrup from Ryan's Sweet Maple and you've got a warm hearty breakfast everyone will love.
Our favourite pancake recipe:
1 1/2 c. Quick Oats
2 c. Milk (Almond, oat, coconut all work well)
1 c. Whole Wheat Flour
1 tbsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 c. Coconut Oil - melted
1 tsp. Vanilla
*For blueberry pancakes fold in 1c. of our frozen wild blueberries*
1. Stir oats into milk and let sit for 5 minutes
2. While the oats sit, stir together - flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon
3. Mix eggs, vanilla & coconut oil into oat mixture until well combined
4. Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry and stir until mixed well
5. To cook: heat skillet over medium heat, add some oil to the pan (coconut oil works well) and pour 1/4 c. of batter per pancake onto skillet. Flip when bubbles appear and cook thoroughly.
Top with maple syrup, fruit, almond butter or whatever you'd like!