5 Ways To Level Up Your Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwich
With this week's sale including 10% off some of our nut butter, we felt inspired to share some ideas for levelling up a classic peanut butter & jelly sandwich.
1. Add some heat! Whether it is simply grilling the PB & J to be a panini, or adding a spicy sauce, heating up your sandwich is an easy place to start. Consider trying a jalapeno jam or even adding a dash of sriracha to spice it up!
2. Cheese, please! Adding a layer of brie or cream cheese creates a rich and unique flavour that you might be surprised by.
3. Something salty! Sweet and salty are an iconic pairing and in a PB & J sandwich, it is no different. Adding a dash of salt, bacon, or even a crunchy pretzel chip can take your sandwich to the next level.
4. Mix and Match! We all have our favourites when it comes to jam and nut butter, but have you ever tried a combination of the two? Sometimes it can surprise you! Next time you have the opportunity, spread on a mix of strawberry and grape jam to really experience the difference.
5. Fruit for me! Nearly any type of fruit can take your sandwich to the next level. Try including some sliced bananas, apples, or strawberries in your next PB & J.
You can pick up fresh Petrolia Street Bakery bread from our store on Thursdays, as well as peanut or almond butter.