Vegan Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
This recipe comes courtesy of Scott. It is an easy, vegan, gluten-free dessert. Feel free to add in your own toppings as well (dried cranberries, nuts).
1 3/4 cup (205 g) quick oats
1/4 cup (32 g) tapioca starch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup+2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup almond butter
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Create oat flour from the quick oats by pulsing them in a blender on high for approximately 20 seconds.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8X8 glass or stoneware dish. Make sure your pan is 8X8, otherwise the bars will be too thin.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, tapioca starch and salt and whisk well.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the syrup, brown sugar, apple sauce, almond butter and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the liquids over the dry ingredients and stir until thick and well mixed. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and flatten out to the corners with the back of a spoon. The batter will be thick. Place remining chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 25- 30 minutes until firm and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing, as they will firm up a lot while cooling and will fall apart if cut while they are too warm. Store at room temperature or in the fridge.
Source: The Vegan 8